Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > what is a sealed package?

what is a sealed package?

Jking

Hi,

I am quite confused about what is a sealed package.
In java.lang.Package, there is a method:

isSealed()

or

isSealed(URL url)

So why to seal a package ? the usage? how to make a package sealed?

Anyone could kindly explain it for me?

Thank you.

Justin

Arne Vajh°j

Jking wrote:
> I am quite confused about what is a sealed package.
> In java.lang.Package, there is a method:
>
> isSealed()
>
> or
>
> isSealed(URL url)
>
> So why to seal a package ? the usage? how to make a package sealed?
>
> Anyone could kindly explain it for me?

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutor...r/sealman.html

Arne