Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > [gcc] indent -kr

[gcc] indent -kr

Ron Ford

I'm relatively new to gnu, as I'm more from the mingw side. Anyways, I'm
trying to build the gcc indent tool. This is what it looks like now:

http://i37.tinypic.com/2wntwuw.jpg

Somehow, I've got to make this look like:

//indent.c:

#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{

int c;
char name[]="dan";

fprintf(stderr, "not even close %s\n", name);

return 0;
}
// gcc -o indent -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -W indent1.c
// indent >text55.txt 2>text56.txt

This template includes commented-out compiler commands at the end. How do
I better utilize c? Thanks and cheers,
--
Unquestionably, there is progress. The average American now pays out twice
as much in taxes as he formerly got in wages. 1

santosh

Ron Ford wrote:

<snip>

Your post makes absolutely no sense. What was the purpose of showing us
your desktop? And what was the purpose of that code snippet?

Keith Thompson

Ron Ford <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I'm relatively new to gnu, as I'm more from the mingw side. Anyways, I'm
> trying to build the gcc indent tool. This is what it looks like now:
>
> http://i37.tinypic.com/2wntwuw.jpg
>
> Somehow, I've got to make this look like:

[snip]

I haven't quoted the last part of your article, since it has no
relationship to the first as far as I can tell.

<OT>
One of the files shown in your screenshot is called "INSTALL".
</OT>

Nokia

Ron Ford

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 23:58:12 -0700, Keith Thompson posted:

> Ron Ford <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> I'm relatively new to gnu, as I'm more from the mingw side. Anyways, I'm
>> trying to build the gcc indent tool. This is what it looks like now:
>>
>> http://i37.tinypic.com/2wntwuw.jpg
>>
>> Somehow, I've got to make this look like:
>>

> [snip]
>
> I haven't quoted the last part of your article, since it has no
> relationship to the first as far as I can tell.

I intend to make it relevant using the C Programming Language.

> <OT>
> One of the files shown in your screenshot is called "INSTALL".
> </OT>

I indent to make relevant a subject you just mentioned as a criticism.
Apparently, it wasn't OT then.

I think some people take joy with my initial pratfall in a gnu project.

--
We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to
the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his

Ron Ford

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 23:58:12 -0700, Keith Thompson posted:

> Ron Ford <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> I'm relatively new to gnu, as I'm more from the mingw side. Anyways, I'm
>> trying to build the gcc indent tool. This is what it looks like now:
>>
>> http://i37.tinypic.com/2wntwuw.jpg
>>
>> Somehow, I've got to make this look like:
>>

> [snip]
>
> I haven't quoted the last part of your article, since it has no
> relationship to the first as far as I can tell.
>
> <OT>
> One of the files shown in your screenshot is called "INSTALL".
> </OT>

I can see now that this was a linux question in disguise. People think I'm
Italian, though.

I haven't figured out where my C capability lives on my new ubuntu
partition, but I do see that the installation of gcc's indent has an OS
flavor to it.

// Commented-out command lines to gcc are, in my opinion, topical, cf. 7
K&R.
--
War will never cease until babies begin to come into the world with larger
cerebrums and smaller adrenal glands. 2