Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > Can anybody explain me of c compilation?

Can anybody explain me of c compilation?

sajeev sajeev is offline
Junior Member

Hi
Recently I was asked by an interviewer to explain the compilation process.
He told me to write a small c program to add 3 numbers.He asked me to explain different stages like ,lexical,syntax,sematic,compilation,potimization and code generation.Can anybody help me to give an explation for this qn?

And one more ,How free() knows how many bytes to deallocate?
I searched in this forum by couldnt find exact ans.

Regards
Sajeev