Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Acquiring Network Address

Acquiring Network Address

Phyllis

I have a desktop Dell Dimension 3000 with Dell wireless adapter and Netgear
Router WGR614 with a laptop using wireless connection. I have XP SP3 with
all latest updates. I have internet connection, but my wireless network
connection on my desktop has been showing "acquiring network address" all
day today. What would make it do that and what can I do to fix/stop it? I
bought this router a week ago and when I first installed/configured it
everything worked fine. I replaced another Netgear router with this one
because it was acting crazy dropping my connection, but now I think the
router is OK and something else is going on. I haven't changed or
downloaded anything. Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Phyllis

Sorry guys, but I think I have it fixed. I just made some changes in
wireless network properties and seems to have fixed it.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...