Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Can I install Office 2002 and/or Office 2003 on a 64 bit Windows Machine

Can I install Office 2002 and/or Office 2003 on a 64 bit Windows Machine

Jim

Hi,
Can anyone help? I just purchased a 64 bit Windows Vista Home Premium
machine and I can't install Microsoft Office 2002 or 2003. Is this normal
and is there a workaround? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Jim

Charlie Russel - MVP

I don't know of any product called Office 2002, but Office 2003 installs
just fine. I'm running it, lots of others are running it. You'll need to be
more specific about how you're trying to install it and what the error
message is for us to help, but I don't know of any significant issues.
There's one printer-type driver that doesn't work, if I remember correctly,
but certainly nothing major.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> Can anyone help? I just purchased a 64 bit Windows Vista Home Premium
> machine and I can't install Microsoft Office 2002 or 2003. Is this normal
> and is there a workaround? Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks, Jim

Don

Wasn't Office 2002, actually labeled Office XP?

That is what I had, I did not bother trying to install in my Vista Ultimate
64 bit though, I found the combination of Windows Live Mail, plus the
calendar built in, and Open Office serve all my needs very well in 64 bit
Vista.

--
Don

news:(E-Mail Removed)...