Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Problem with pyodbc, Python?

Problem with pyodbc, Python?

john.goodleaf

I've just built pyodbc 2.0.58 against freetds and unixodbc. When I
attempt to invoke it, either from the test script or from the
interpreter, I get:
ImportError: build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.5/pyodbc.so: undefined symbol:
PyUnicodeUCS2_Resize

I'm not quite sure how to go about troubleshooting this.

More info:
Build is on opensuse 11.0, intel x86_64 from Python 2.5.2. I've also
tried a custom built (i.e. not the SuSE package) Python with the same
result. Yes, I have the Python-dev package installed.

I had this working on this very machine when I was running Mandriva
but I recently, overly whimsically, decided to try opensuse. Near as I
can figure, something about how Python or supporting libraries are
built is different between the two distros but I'm not sure how to go
about fixing things.

Any thoughts?