Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Addind a Cisco 3560 switch on to an existing network

Addind a Cisco 3560 switch on to an existing network

est835@gmail.com

I have no idea how to add on an additional Cisco 3560 switch. Can it
be linked on to another switch and what else will I need to do this?

Mark Huizer

The wise http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) enlightened me with:
> I have no idea how to add on an additional Cisco 3560 switch. Can it
> be linked on to another switch and what else will I need to do this?

It depends. But perhaps a little information from you might result in a
better answer. Stuff like whether you use vlans, vtp or any other stuff
that makes managed switches worth their while over unmanaged switches.
If all you are doing is having a bunch of switches in 1 LAN to connect
workstations to, then yes, just connecting it should be enough, but I'd
buy something cheaper for that. In all other cases: make sure the
switches are configured according to your wishes.

Mark