Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Memory Question

Memory Question

William

Can a virus infect a memory dim chip and still be present and remain there
after your computer is turned off? I think everything is lost in ram memory
when you turn off your computer isn't it? Thanks.
William

Paul

William wrote:
> Can a virus infect a memory dim chip and still be present and remain there
> after your computer is turned off? I think everything is lost in ram memory
> when you turn off your computer isn't it? Thanks.
> William

RAM is volatile storage. When the power is gone, the contents are lost.
If you pull the plug on the computer, then you know the RAM is
empty. But there are all sorts of other non-volatile storage
devices in the computer - ones that don't lose their contents
when the computer is unplugged.

Paul

William

"Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:g6sqts$lak$(E-Mail Removed)...
> William wrote:
>> Can a virus infect a memory dim chip and still be present and remain
>> there after your computer is turned off? I think everything is lost in
>> ram memory when you turn off your computer isn't it? Thanks.
>> William

> RAM is volatile storage. When the power is gone, the contents are lost.
> If you pull the plug on the computer, then you know the RAM is
> empty. But there are all sorts of other non-volatile storage
> devices in the computer - ones that don't lose their contents
> when the computer is unplugged.
>
> Paul

Thanks Paul. I thought that was how it is.
William