Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vista beta removal on multiboot disk

Vista beta removal on multiboot disk

- Bobb -

I have one PC with X64, XP and Vista beta 32/64 on it that currently uses
"Vistaboot Pro".
Since Vista beta no longer needed/wanted, any way to remove those beta
partitions/boot info and have XP and X64 'go back to using old ( non
Vista) boot loader info' ?
I DID copy the boot info from C (X64) into another folder prior to
installing Vista, but it's been so long since I messed with loader I've
forgotten what to do (BCDEDIT etc) !
( I could wipe/reinstall X64 and XP but would like to avoid if possible)

andy

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:52:23 -0400, "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123>
wrote:

> I have one PC with X64, XP and Vista beta 32/64 on it that currently uses
>"Vistaboot Pro".
>Since Vista beta no longer needed/wanted, any way to remove those beta
>partitions/boot info and have XP and X64 'go back to using old ( non
>Vista) boot loader info' ?
> I DID copy the boot info from C (X64) into another folder prior to
>installing Vista, but it's been so long since I messed with loader I've
>forgotten what to do (BCDEDIT etc) !
>( I could wipe/reinstall X64 and XP but would like to avoid if possible)

Use the bootsect program that is on the Vista DVD to boot directly to
XP:
bootsect /nt52 sys
<http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/49ded4da-b66f-4b42-9563-04c218a1a6ac1033.mspx?mfr=true>
After that manually delete Vista.