Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Client Destroys My Validated HTML

Re: Client Destroys My Validated HTML

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Fred
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have situations where a client wants to be educated on making
> changes to their website. I have no problem educating the client on
> site changes and making posts but they always screw up the validation.
>
> Has anybody else run up against this issue and how did you over come
> it.
>
> Is there a software solution? Is there a design method that allows
> for easy validate changes. Maybe I should lean towards a CMS app that
> prints validate HTML, I dunno.
>
> Thanks for you comments.
>
> Fred

I hear you, brother. I actally have seen something like:
looked fine to me when I looked at it in the browser".

This is one of the good things about serving application/xhtml+xml.
When a broswer like Opera or Firefox encounters malformed markup, it
won't render the page. IE doesn't understand application/xhtml+xml, it
has to have text/html, and therefore will not choke on bad markup such
as that above. At the time, my client was IE only (I have since trained
her to use Firefox - Opera is just too "techy" for her).

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services