Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: Printer wireless??

Re: Printer wireless??

Nobody

"SWQ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi
> Is it possible to use a standard Printer/Scanner/Copier wirelessly?
> I don't know if a plug in gadget exists.
> Thanks
> Dave

Depending on the device, yes. Goto www.newegg.com and search for wireless
pint server

Lem

Nobody wrote:
> "SWQ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> Hi
>> Is it possible to use a standard Printer/Scanner/Copier wirelessly?
>> I don't know if a plug in gadget exists.
>> Thanks
>> Dave
>>

> Depending on the device, yes. Goto www.newegg.com and search for wireless
> pint server

As Nobody suggests, you can buy a wireless print server, but be aware
that most "print-scan-copy" devices will only print (and not scan) over
the wireless connection, and some of the device's reporting functions
(e.g., low ink) may not work.

If you get a wireless print server, be sure to get one that's compatible
with your printer. They are not inexpensive:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati....asp?CatId=371
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...-Print-Servers

--
Lem -- MS-MVP