Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Credit Card Processing?

Credit Card Processing?

Super Steve

I've got a website that requires credit card processing. Currently it
does only a couple of transactions a day.

At the moment we're using PayPal because there was zero set up fees,
no monthly fees and we didn't need to go through the bother of
becoming a credit card merchant.

Unfortunately we've encountered some problems with PayPal (PayPal
pages timing out when people try to pay us, credit cards being
rejected even though the user insists the card is ok, notifications
from PayPal that a sale has happened taking several minutes or hours
to come through to us, etc).

So I've been looking for a replacement to PayPal. Ideally the
replacement would offer:

Low set up fee ($100 or less).
Low or no monthly fee.
A good back-end that lets me view the transactions processed and issue
refunds (either full or partial).
No credit card merchant account needed.
Able to transfer money into my NZ bank account whenever I want and
with low or no transfer fees.

I've looked at what the various banks and other outfits like DPS and
WorldPay are offering and I find their fees and the hoops you have to
jump through to get an account to be excessive.

Can anyone suggest a service that fills my needs? It doesn't have to
be based in NZ but that would be nice from a support point of view.

I've found www.paymex.co.nz that looks good and appears to meet all of
my needs as far as I can see. Does anyone have any experience with
them?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>, Super
Steve did write:

> I've got a website that requires credit card processing. Currently it
> does only a couple of transactions a day.

I've had one client use irie.co.nz for a few years now. They act as an
interface to the BNZ, who I gather are the only ones in NZ doing multiple
currencies.

Jasen Betts

On 2008-07-30, Super Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a service that fills my needs? It doesn't have to
> be based in NZ but that would be nice from a support point of view.

Have you looked at clickbank. on the site where I'm using it IPNs seem to
arrive before the purchser returns.

I can't answer the other concerns, I'm just the programmer.

Bye.
Jasen

Dave Doe

In article <cfbe1736-9f8d-4b29-8393-c7d9bbce7946
@x29g2000prd.googlegroups.com>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I've got a website that requires credit card processing. Currently it
> does only a couple of transactions a day.
>
> At the moment we're using PayPal because there was zero set up fees,
> no monthly fees and we didn't need to go through the bother of
> becoming a credit card merchant.
>
> Unfortunately we've encountered some problems with PayPal (PayPal
> pages timing out when people try to pay us, credit cards being
> rejected even though the user insists the card is ok, notifications
> from PayPal that a sale has happened taking several minutes or hours
> to come through to us, etc).
>
> So I've been looking for a replacement to PayPal. Ideally the
> replacement would offer:
>
> Low set up fee ($100 or less).
> Low or no monthly fee.
> A good back-end that lets me view the transactions processed and issue
> refunds (either full or partial).
> No credit card merchant account needed.

Why not? Some banks offer a free setup for this. And for a couple of
transactions a day it seems appropriate. It also puts *you* in more
control over the transaction, and whether you decide to accept it or
not.

--
Duncan

Credit Card Validation Grant ASP .Net 6 07-21-2003 02:00 PM
Credit card integration Florian Marinoiu ASP .Net 2 07-16-2003 03:25 PM
Credit card processing redstar Perl 0 07-11-2003 07:38 AM

Advertisments