Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Adding Javadoc to Netbeans 6.1

Adding Javadoc to Netbeans 6.1

RedGrittyBrick

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...tml#not_losing

> Indeed, you have stooped to name-calling. Against a complete stranger!

Mark said "Your comments ... were pretty stupid". He didn't say *you*
were. For me, that doesn't count as 'name calling'. YMMV.

> [rant omitted]

Bye.

--
RGB

zerg

RedGrittyBrick wrote:
> zerg wrote:
>> Mark Space wrote:
>>> And your tone isn't nasty?

>> On the contrary, my post is extremely polite, although firm.
>>
>> You, on the other hand, have been even ruder than Lew, and with
>> exactly as little provocation, namely, none whatsoever.

> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...tml#not_losing

No, I have not screwed up. There is no "community standard" to not ask
questions about how software uses one's internet connection, nor would I
consider it legitimate and adhere to it if there were.

As I've just explained, some troublemaking big businesses may be trying
to MAKE such a "community standard" with ulterior motives, but that is
all the more reason to ask such questions and to generally oppose them.

>> Indeed, you have stooped to name-calling. Against a complete stranger!

> Mark said

I know exactly what Mark said, and it was rude and uncalled-for. This is
supposed to be a civilized forum for adults to discuss Java programming
and related topics. Personal power politics, partisanship, notions that
certain things are Not To Be Questioned, and anything else that
resembles bishops and cardinals jockeying for position and crying
"heresy!" when anyone questions whether the world is flat or the sun
revolves around it, all have no place in comp.lang.java.programmer.

Please be polite to people, especially to newcomers, unless they have
been clearly and distinctly rude to you first. Please do not call people
(or the questions they ask) "stupid", either outright or by implication.
If you don't like a given question, feel free to ignore it, or to point
people to the FAQ if it's answered there, but if you do respond, be
polite. Remember that you are in public and how you treat people,
particularly new people who can't possibly have a bad history with you,
is on record here thanks to Google.

Really, there's nothing to gain from being hostile and alienating
people, particularly newcomers, and there may be plenty to lose.
Remember, too, that all of you were newcomers once. Which would you have
preferred, all other things being equal -- someone answering a question
in a friendly and polite manner, or someone being brusque or even
downright rude because in THEIR opinion YOUR question was a stupid one?

Remember also that the only genuinely stupid question is the one that
remains unasked.

I have nothing further to say on this issue, except in response to
specific questions or claims, as it is clearly off-topic here.

Any further sufficiently-impolite posts will earn a plonking from
whoever posts them, even if they had not previously said anything to me
before.