Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Abstract factory and Factory pattern

Abstract factory and Factory pattern

C#

http://www.questpond.com/FreeDesign1.htm

I was going through the above videos. Can i conclude Abstract factory
patterns are extensions of factory patterns. I have made the
conclusion after viewing the video and reading GOF books. I am
confused by these two patterns.

bruce barker

they are different but related.

the in factory pattern, the code calls the factory directly to create
objects.

in the abstract pattern, the abstract factory is called, and it
determines which factory to call to create the object.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

C# wrote:
> http://www.questpond.com/FreeDesign1.htm
>
> I was going through the above videos. Can i conclude Abstract factory
> patterns are extensions of factory patterns. I have made the
> conclusion after viewing the video and reading GOF books. I am
> confused by these two patterns.

tal_mcmahon

On Jul 28, 11:25*am, "C#" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://www.questpond.com/FreeDesign1.htm
>
> I was going through the above videos. Can i conclude Abstract factory
> patterns are extensions of factory patterns. I have made the
> conclusion after viewing the video and reading GOF books. I am
> confused by these two patterns.

I would suggest the Head First series and specifically the GOF
Patterns book. It is great at illustrating the patterns in a way that
makes things more clear. Frankly, the GOF book is one of those "need
a book about the book" kind of books.

Tal

sloan

The best illustration a book gave me for abstract was "build a computer".

It was a java book and I don't know which one it was.

However, I found this
http://blog.dotnetstyling.com/archiv...n-Pattern.aspx

which is similar.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Jul 28, 11:16*pm, "sloan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> The best illustration a book gave me for abstract was "build a computer".
>
> It was a java book and I don't know which one it was.
>
> However, I found thishttp://blog.dotnetstyling.com/archive/2007/11/25/Abstract-Factory-Des...
>
> which is similar.
>
> "C#" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> >http://www.questpond.com/FreeDesign1.htm

> > I was going through the above videos. Can i conclude Abstract factory
> > patterns are extensions of factory patterns. I have made the
> > conclusion after viewing the video and reading GOF books. I am
> > confused by these two patterns.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks guys for your clarification