Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Using Python Modules from JAVA

Using Python Modules from JAVA

raymi

Hi all,

I'd like to use the pygments syntax highlighting module from within a
JAVA application. While I understand how to use Jython to execute a
script file or interpret single statements, I don't know how I can use
a whole module (i.e. the several files pygments consists of). In order
to deploy the application easily I don't want to install Jython or
anything else on the system and then call pygment's installer from the
shell. I imagine being able to just copy a jar (e.g. jython.jar) and
an egg file to the target system and load the module in JAVA.

Is this possible? Has anybody any experience with that?
Thanks in advance for your help,

raymi