Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > NAS Problems

NAS Problems

Daithi69 Daithi69 is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

I have a wireless home network setup using a belkin wireless router. I recently purchansed a 1TB NAS drive. When I connect the drive to the router using a network cable (provided) and run the provided software on the PC it does not find the drive. Do I have to change any setting on the router or PC for it to recognise the drive???? I have tried the drive formatted to both FAT32 and NTFS and still no joy???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MunchBC MunchBC is offline
Junior Member
Location: Washington, DC

Do you have network resource sharing turned on, on both your computer and the router? Have you checked the routers log to make sure it is assigning the NAS an IP address?

Daithi69 Daithi69 is offline
Junior Member

Thanks for the input.. I dont think the router is assigning an IP address to the NAS. Could you talk me through how to turn on the network resource sharing on both PC and router???? New to this so any help I could get would be great..

MunchBC MunchBC is offline
Junior Member
Location: Washington, DC

Log into the router and check the log to see if it is in fact assigning an IP address to the external drive, if it is not, then you'll have to troubleshoot that before moving forward.