Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > SelectedIndexChanged event being called when I do not select a new index

SelectedIndexChanged event being called when I do not select a new index

Nathan Sokalski

I have a page with an UpdatePanel that contains several TextBoxes and
Buttons. There is also a ListBox outside of the UpdatePanel that is used as
a trigger to populate these TextBoxes. The Buttons inside the UpdatePanel
are used to update the values of the TextBoxes in a DB. However, when I use
the Buttons to do the updating, they always use the values that the selected
item in the ListBox would have populated them with. When I ran a debug
session, the SelectedIndexChanged event of the ListBox was being called
before the Click event of the Button, which is obviously the reason for
this. Why is the SelectedIndexChanged event being called when I did not
change the selected index, and what can I do about it? Thanks.