Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > SOAPpy WSDL problem: namespace of schema and import match error

SOAPpy WSDL problem: namespace of schema and import match error

Christof Winter

I am trying to use a webservice with SOAPpy:

import SOAPpy
intact_wsdl = "http://www.ebi.ac.uk/intact/binary-search-ws/binarysearch?wsdl"
intact_serv = SOAPpy.WSDL.Proxy(intact_wsdl)

The resulting error message is posted below. If I understand it right,
XMLSchema.py complains about the imported XSD namespace being the same as the
existing targetNamespace.

Perl and Java have no problems with the WSDL document (see sample code at
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~intact/devsite...search_ws.html)

My question:
- Is there a problem with the WSDL file being not valid?
- Is there a problem with the Python SOAP/WSDL implementation?

Any suggestions?

Christof

> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "testEBIIntactWebservice.py", line 3, in <module>
> intact_serv = SOAPpy.WSDL.Proxy(intact_wsdl)
> File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/SOAPpy/WSDL.py", line 62, in __init__
> self.wsdl = reader.loadFromStream(stream, wsdlsource)
> File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/SOAPpy/wstools/WSDLTools.py", line 34, in loadFromStream
> wsdl.load(document)
> File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/SOAPpy/wstools/WSDLTools.py", line 260, in load
> schema = reader.loadFromNode(WSDLToolsAdapter(self), item)
> File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/SOAPpy/wstools/XMLSchema.py", line 80, in loadFromNode
> schema.load(reader)
> File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/SOAPpy/wstools/XMLSchema.py", line 1076, in load
> tp.fromDom(node)
> File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/SOAPpy/wstools/XMLSchema.py", line 1177, in fromDom
> raise SchemaError, 'namespace of schema and import match'
> SOAPpy.wstools.XMLSchema.SchemaError: namespace of schema and import match

Christof Winter

Christof Winter wrote, On 28.07.2008 12:32:
> I am trying to use a webservice with SOAPpy:
>
> import SOAPpy
> intact_wsdl = "http://www.ebi.ac.uk/intact/binary-search-ws/binarysearch?wsdl"
> intact_serv = SOAPpy.WSDL.Proxy(intact_wsdl)

[...]

> My question:
> - Is there a problem with the WSDL file being not valid?

I just figured out that this could indeed be true. The WSDL document contains an
XML Schema import that probably should be an XML Schema include:

"The import element is used to add multiple schemas with different target
namespace to a document."
http://www.w3schools.com/schema/el_import.asp

"The include element is used to add multiple schemas with the same target
namespace to a document."
http://www.w3schools.com/schema/el_include.asp

Maybe I should post this to comp.text.xml

Christof