Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: smcwbr14-G installation

Re: smcwbr14-G installation

Jeff@unknown.com

I'm in. I had connected my cable from the PC to the wan port. When I
connected the PC to a lan port, I go to the setup menu.

Any advice about using this router as a wired access point?

In the setup, for instance it asks about my connection type: I selected
cable modem.
It then asked for my hostname and I am not sure what to enter there. I get
my internet through Cox cable via their modem. This access point will be
connected by cable to my present Trendnet router.

Thanks.

Jeff