Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Visual studio debugging around Fireworks scripts?

Visual studio debugging around Fireworks scripts?

Microsoft

I am trying to add asp.net data based functionality to a html template that
includes Dreamweaver Fireworks-based fly out menus. Things seem to run OK
running through a browser but the doing debugging runs via Visual Studio
always throws errors on the Fireworks scripts. Is there some way to tell
the debugger to skip this code? Or is there some way to get it to recognize
the objects using whatever interpreter is in the plugin that Fireworks uses?

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

What are you debugging? UI code, or something behind the scenes.

If behind the scenes, throw a new page on top and test the code separately
from the pretty UI. Yes, it is a bit of a pain, but it is more of a pain, in
the long run, if your UI is tightly coupled to your business logic. It also
helps if you create a non-web UI to test functionality (ie, a unit test). If
you have a bit of time, check out NUnit from www.sourceforge.net. It is an
automated unit testing framework (open source) for testing business and data
layer code. It will help you in two ways:

1) You will have better unit tests before integrating with your UI
2) You will be forced to separate logic from UI completely

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge