Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Missing Lew's posts but not the impostor?

Missing Lew's posts but not the impostor?

Mike Schilling

Arne Vajh°j wrote:
> Mike Schilling wrote:
>> Arne Vajh°j wrote:

>>> But that is not sufficient to solve usenet and email problems.
>>>
>>> To solve those problem you will need to only allow identifiable
>>> posters.

>> Or allow killfiling all the others.

> Not much would be left.

Yeah, it's a critical mass problem. If authenticated posting were
the norm, people would have to become authenticated to get their
messages through (the alternative being general killfiling.) But
until authenticated posting becomes the norm, it's of little value,
and thus will never become the norm.

Posts visible to recipient but not to sender Emrys Davies Computer Support 8 09-21-2007 11:15 PM
missing posts MCSE 39 08-13-2004 04:47 PM
why are my posts not showing up in the newsgroups but are still getting answered? Hugh Sutherland Computer Support 11 04-13-2004 09:52 AM
Re: Missing posts in OE Bob Computer Support 4 08-01-2003 11:41 PM
OE and "missing posts": Microsoft responds Michael Computer Support 14 07-15-2003 01:01 AM

Advertisments