Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Tony - OpenSUSE 11.1 Alpha1 downloadable here!

Tony - OpenSUSE 11.1 Alpha1 downloadable here!

Carlos

http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/dist....1-Alpha1/iso/

Carlos
P.S.: This is WAY OT!

Tony Sperling

Don't know - somewhat O.T. since at least it is a 64bit windowing system!
And ALL of it is 64bit, except Java browser extensions, of course, which is
still 3:rd party.

Thanks, Carlos!

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/dist....1-Alpha1/iso/
>
> Carlos
> P.S.: This is WAY OT!

Tony Sperling

I read from the release notes, that there are some nasty bugs with 11.1 - so
much, that they recommend not to install from the DVD, but rather use the
Live CD. I am only mildly curious right now, so shall hang on for a while.

Oh - and my Athlon 64 x2 FX-62 finally was returned today - so far it has
been running stable for some seven hours! Last time it came back the record
was countable in minutes before gracefully shutting down!

So, first time, it came back with a brand new MB and a new cooling tower -
these are the things I can see, I don't know about the CPU of course.

So now, I've got a new Seasonic M12 too and it didn't cost me anything
beyond patience and a couple of taxi bills. That's the trouble with
warranties, they don't often tell you anything. I would like to hear.

This has been an ordeal, of course. One I'm sure Rimbaud would label as 'Un
saison en enfer'.

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...