Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > how to cut and paste in the windows of python(command line)

how to cut and paste in the windows of python(command line)

fang

Dear all:

The mouse cannot be responded in the windows of python(command
line) and cut and paste cannot be done. ctrl c and ctrl v do not work.
But they do work in IDLE.
please teach me about the python(command line).

Andr

On Jul 24, 8:17*am, fang <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Dear all:
>
> * * * The mouse cannot be responded in the windows of python(command
> line) and cut and paste cannot be done. ctrl c and ctrl v do not work.
> But they do work in IDLE.
> * * * please teach me about the python(command line).

What Operating System are you using? If you are using Windows, you
could try cutting and pasting from the menu (I am assuming you are
using a normal terminal windows).

Andr

Fredrik Lundh

fang wrote:
> The mouse cannot be responded in the windows of python(command
> line) and cut and paste cannot be done. ctrl c and ctrl v do not work.
> But they do work in IDLE.

that has absolutely nothing to do with Python, and everything to do with
what console or terminal program you're using.

if you're using windows, you'll find edit commands, including copy and
paste, commands in the window menu (click on the icon in the upper left
corner). Python also supports the standard "doskey" commands (text+F8
to search in history, UP/DOWN to recall commands, ESC to clear, etc).

if you want better console support, consider installing the "ipython"
shell:

http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/

</F>

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven

-On [20080724 13:50], Fredrik Lundh ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote:
>if you want better console support, consider installing the "ipython"
>shell:

Unless you work with non-ASCII. Ipython mangles non-ASCII unfortunately.

[Full UTF-8 environment]

In [1]: a = u'愛'
In [2]: a
Out[2]: u'\xe6\x84\x9b'

Normal python shell:

>>> a = u'愛'
>>> a

u'\u611b'

I wonder if it can be easily fixed with a getpreferredencoding() or by using
an .encode(sys.stdout.encoding or getpreferredencoding() or 'ascii',
'replace') triplet.

イェルーン ラウフ*ック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
One who knows that enough is enough will always have enough...

fang

Dear:

Thank you very much! I can do it! It's very nice!

Q. re cut and paste in Windows XP Jimmy Dean Computer Support 3 06-26-2007 03:43 PM
custom cut copy and paste =?Utf-8?B?QW5nZWw=?= ASP .Net 0 01-10-2005 06:13 PM
Cut and paste images Esteban Java 5 09-15-2004 09:38 PM
removing "favorites" and how to "cut and paste" shirley Microsoft Certification 1 09-26-2003 10:27 PM

Advertisments