Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Bloody backlight on my benQ 19" has shat itself. What's a good 22"monitor?

Bloody backlight on my benQ 19" has shat itself. What's a good 22"monitor?

Bobs

So there I was doing a bit of gaming when my screen went totally
blank. At first I thought the game had crashed, but sure enough the
monitor is dead. No backlight to be seen and a faint smell of
burning.

Anyone know a good 22" monitor? Mid-range I guess. THe most important
thing is a good pixel warranty.

Bobs

On Jul 24, 7:13*pm, Brian Mathews
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:54:23 -0700 (PDT), Bobs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >So there I was doing a bit of gaming when my screen went totally
> >blank. At first I thought the game had crashed, *but sure enough the
> >monitor is dead. No backlight to be seen and a faint smell of
> >burning.

> >Anyone know a good 22" monitor? Mid-range I guess. THe most important
> >thing is a good pixel warranty.

> Its Totaly covered by the C.G.A. *

Not after 3.5 years

> No need to buy a new one..
>
> Mind u BenQ is crap..

Bobs

On Jul 24, 6:37*pm, thing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> samsBobs wrote:
> > So there I was doing a bit of gaming when my screen went totally
> > blank. At first I thought the game had crashed, *but sure enough the
> > monitor is dead. No backlight to be seen and a faint smell of
> > burning.

> > Anyone know a good 22" monitor? Mid-range I guess. THe most important
> > thing is a good pixel warranty.

> samsung? 22inch $460....
>
> http://www.pp.co.nz/products.php?pp_id=FP00064
>
> regards
>
> Thing

Yeah, certainly the best looking. I've heard those monitors are a
lottery though, it really depends on what panel you get that
determines picture quality. From what I've read the Viewsonic monitor
that's 100$ cheaper has just as good picture. Must be a compromise
somewhere though- suspect it's the pixel warranty.