Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > cannot view available networks

cannot view available networks

cozam

I have a Gateway laptop model 3522 GZ running Windows XP Home Edition.
Right now I am away from home and am trying to connect to a wireless network
(staying at a friend's house) however when I try to connect I cannot see any
available networks. When I click on Network Connections - there is no longer
a tab for "View Available Connections". Any suggestions on how to correct
this. I am accessing the internet using my friend's computer.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Assuming that the friend's Wireless is working with his computer, and that
your computer works with your Wireless.
Check the security compatibility of the Wireless router and your computer.
Might be that in the friend's setting the SSID (broadcasting) is Off.
In general.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...