Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: How to make laptop key harder to push

Re: How to make laptop key harder to push

Ofnuts

Hamish wrote:
> I have one of those mini laptops, with the shrunken keyboard (a total of
> 9" across). I am trying to touch type on it, but the little finger on
> my left hand keeps hitting the caps lock button. The button requires
> very little pressure, so I am constantly going into all caps. How can I
> make the key harder to push down. I am pretty adept mechanically, so
> almost anything goes - if it makes sense.

Glue. But you can also find software which disables Capslock

Jeff Strickland

"Ofnuts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4885d55a$0$26595$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hamish wrote:
>> I have one of those mini laptops, with the shrunken keyboard (a total of
>> 9" across). I am trying to touch type on it, but the little finger on my
>> left hand keeps hitting the caps lock button. The button requires very
>> little pressure, so I am constantly going into all caps. How can I make
>> the key harder to push down. I am pretty adept mechanically, so almost
>> anything goes - if it makes sense.

> Glue. But you can also find software which disables Capslock

I agree. Well, not with the glue part ...

One is not going to change the pressure needed to press a key, but you can
load software that makes a feature, such as CAP LOCK a two-key operation
instead of a single key.

My guess is the real culprit is your massive ape-like hands and the tiny key
board are ganging up on you.