Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 1720 and SDM

1720 and SDM

dehusk@gmail.com

The various Cisco literatures for the C1700 series of routers all seem
to say that the 1710 doesn't do SDM but implies all the rest do. For
example:

"Security Device Manager (SDM) is not supported on Cisco 1710."

"SDM comes by default with the images that contain security feature
sets."

This would seem to make sense because the command set for the 1720 and
1721 are the same and the SDM doesn't need to live on the router.

On the other hand the literature for SDM v2.5 says the supported
hardware is:

Cisco 1701
Cisco 1710
Cisco 1711
Cisco 1712
Cisco 1721
Cisco 1751
Cisco 1751-v
Cisco 1760
Cisco 1760-v

Note that c1710 is listed as supported. I assume that the 1720 and
1750 work but are not supported.

Anyway does the 1720 and 1750 do or can be made to do SDM? How? What
version of IOS is needed?

Thanks

Joe Beasley

> The various Cisco literatures for the C1700 series of routers all seem
> to say that the 1710 doesn't do SDM but implies all the rest do. For
> example:
>
> "Security Device Manager (SDM) is not supported on Cisco 1710."
>
> "SDM comes by default with the images that contain security feature
> sets."
>
> This would seem to make sense because the command set for the 1720 and
> 1721 are the same and the SDM doesn't need to live on the router.
>
> On the other hand the literature for SDM v2.5 says the supported
> hardware is:
>
> Cisco 1701
> Cisco 1710
> Cisco 1711
> Cisco 1712
> Cisco 1721
> Cisco 1751
> Cisco 1751-v
> Cisco 1760
> Cisco 1760-v
>
> Note that c1710 is listed as supported. I assume that the 1720 and
> 1750 work but are not supported.
>
> Anyway does the 1720 and 1750 do or can be made to do SDM? How? What
> version of IOS is needed?
>

> Thanks

I tried with a 1720 and got the "not supported" error message.

Re: I've gone and broke my 837 sdm and web interface (uk dsl) Thrill5 Cisco 1 02-09-2009 12:17 AM
SDM and SDM Express. AM Cisco 2 02-22-2008 04:52 AM
Difference between SDM and SDM Express Sammy Cisco 2 07-18-2007 01:38 PM
Cisco 1720 Router, - Can it do, SSH, Telnet, SDM ? Darragh.Grealish@gmail.com Cisco 4 10-11-2006 11:59 PM
cisco 1720 SDM ivaturi@gmail.com Cisco 2 03-07-2005 09:33 PM

Advertisments