Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > HELP!!! How to recover xp os without disc???

HELP!!! How to recover xp os without disc???

lady in need of answers

I purchased a laptop a compaq evo n600c that had windows xp installed and
running as the operating system. After setting up a password for the user
accounts, husband changed the password and forgot what it was. It was the
only user administrative user account, so we used the recovery disc that came
with the computer. Upon reboot it loaded windows 2000 pro as the operating
system.I have an xp license number sticker on the bottom of my computer but
no disc. Is there any way to reconvert back to xp?