Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Login Failed for user (null)

Login Failed for user (null)

Calvin I

Hi All,

I am having a problem getting access to a SQL server on windows 2003. My
web server is running on a windows 2003 platform. I continually get the
Login failed for user null. Not associated...blah blah message each time.
There is no ASPNET user on the SQL server because I have removed IIS. I
cannot access the \\webserver\aspnet user from the enterprise admin to grant
them access to the database. I have disabled anonymous access on the
website - could this be the problem?

This is very frustrating...

Steven Campbell

Calvin I wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am having a problem getting access to a SQL server on windows 2003. My
> web server is running on a windows 2003 platform. I continually get the
> Login failed for user null. Not associated...blah blah message each time.
> There is no ASPNET user on the SQL server because I have removed IIS. I
> cannot access the \\webserver\aspnet user from the enterprise admin to grant
> them access to the database. I have disabled anonymous access on the
> website - could this be the problem?
>
> This is very frustrating...

You could turn on "simple security" or whatever its called (the opposite
of trusted security) on your SQL server box, to allow you to explicitly
specify a username and password.