Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Question: MSDE 2000 / Enterprise Manager

Re: Question: MSDE 2000 / Enterprise Manager

VB Programmer

How can I get my hand on the version of Enterprise Mgr that works with MSDE
2000? (I need the ability to do replication, maintain dbs, backups, etc...)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> MSDE does come with VS.Net. Enterprise Manager does not. However, VS.Net

has
> a Server Explorer that you can use to interact with it.
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> Kevin Spencer
> Microsoft MVP
> .Net Developer
> http://www.takempis.com
> Neither a follower nor a lender be.
>
> "VB Programmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does MSDE 2000 /Enterprise Manager come with VS.NET? If not, how can I
> > obtain them?

Kevin Spencer

Don't know. Haven't used MSDE.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

"VB Programmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I get my hand on the version of Enterprise Mgr that works with

MSDE
> 2000? (I need the ability to do replication, maintain dbs, backups,

etc...)

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > MSDE does come with VS.Net. Enterprise Manager does not. However, VS.Net

> has
> > a Server Explorer that you can use to interact with it.
> >
> > --
> > HTH,
> >
> > Kevin Spencer
> > Microsoft MVP
> > .Net Developer
> > http://www.takempis.com
> > Neither a follower nor a lender be.
> >
> > "VB Programmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Does MSDE 2000 /Enterprise Manager come with VS.NET? If not, how can

> > > obtain them?

George Ter-Saakov

Enterprise Manager will work with MSDE without any problem. Because MSDE is
the MS SQL.
(Not sure that replication works with MSDE).

In order to have Enterprise manager you must have a license for MS SQL
server.
So basically according to law you can not have Enterprise manager with MSDE.
There are some tools, from other companies, available for free or small
charge to replace the Enterprise Manager for MSDE.

George.

"VB Programmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I get my hand on the version of Enterprise Mgr that works with

MSDE
> 2000? (I need the ability to do replication, maintain dbs, backups,

etc...)

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > MSDE does come with VS.Net. Enterprise Manager does not. However, VS.Net

> has
> > a Server Explorer that you can use to interact with it.
> >
> > --
> > HTH,
> >
> > Kevin Spencer
> > Microsoft MVP
> > .Net Developer
> > http://www.takempis.com
> > Neither a follower nor a lender be.
> >
> > "VB Programmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Does MSDE 2000 /Enterprise Manager come with VS.NET? If not, how can

> > > obtain them?

VB Programmer

I have been using Ent. Mgr. with MSDE 7 with no problems. Recently someone
upgraded the MSDE and now I get this error through Ent. Mgr.:
A connection could not be established to MYMACHINE - You must upgrade your
SQL Enterprise Mgr and SQL-DMO (SQLOLD) to SQL Server 2000 (SQLDMO) to
connect to this server.. Please verify SQL Server is running and check your
SQL Server registration properties and try again.

1. Any ideas?
2. Any tools you can recommend that also handle replication and backups? I
am doing this alot with my current MSDE dbs.
3. What are the SQL Server 2000 guys typically using, since there's no more
Enterprise Mgr?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

msde-2000 Dave ASP .Net 1 11-08-2004 01:37 PM
n00b Question re: MSDE SQL 2000 Set-up newgenre ASP .Net 2 04-19-2004 06:16 PM

Advertisments