Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > WG111 Connection probs

WG111 Connection probs

Ute Buch

Hello!
please excuse my bad english, it's years ago to articulate in english, i
only read and appreciate.
I have probs with netgear WG111. I start windows xp home, the connection
is established
but internet-explorer means there is no connection. If i disconnect the
wlan and
reconnect all works correct. I tried the windows wlan configuration and
the software
from netgear. Both with similar problem. The netgear support is still
not answering my question.
Perhaps you can help me.
Thanks in advance
Ute Buch

Michael Swift

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Ute Buch
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Hello!
>please excuse my bad english, it's years ago to articulate in english, i
>only read and appreciate. I have probs with netgear WG111. I start
>windows xp home, the connection is established but internet-explorer
>means there is no connection. If i disconnect the wlan and reconnect all
>works correct. I tried the windows wlan configuration and the software
>from netgear. Both with similar problem. The netgear support is still
>not answering my question.
>Perhaps you can help me.
>Thanks in advance
>Ute Buch

I set up a Netgear WGT 624 with a WG111T a year ago and have not had a
problem.

I use Firefox as a default but I have just looked at Internet Explorer
and under Tools, Internet Options, Connections, Lan Settings non of the
boxes are ticked, also Never Dial a Connection is selected.

I am using always on Cable Broadband.

I am not sure if this will work if I.E. ss not working but you can look
at the settings of your router by typing routerlogin.net in I.E. and
entering the default password listed in your documentation that came
with the router, on mine the user name is admin and the password is
password.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange

Ute Buch

Tank you,

i will trie at the end of this week, cause i have no time to check it
out now.

Ute

news:m$t$(E-Mail Removed)...