Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > WiFi Connection Nightmare

WiFi Connection Nightmare

Tom John

Hi

I have a brand new m200, office connect 3com router and an older
samsung p10. The samsung and the router have been working fine for the
past 12 months.

The m200 will only see the router with all encryption turned off, as
soon as i turn on any form of encryption or enforce MAC filtering the
M200 can no longe see the N/W.

I know how to configure wireless/wired networks and have tried
everything under the sun, including updating all firmware on the
router.

I have also got the latest drivers from Intel for the WiFi, turned off
Wireless Zero Config and used the one supplied with those drivers with
no luck.

The only way i can get it working is to factory reset the router,
reconfigure it with no encryption (completely unsecure) and then it
will work. As soon as i turn on any form of security my M200 won't see
it, and if i turn it back off on the router the M200 still won't see
it.

With all the mucking around, with any security/mac filtering options,
my other laptop (Samsung P10) works just fine on the WiFi.

Has anyone seen anything like this in the past? Or have any ideas?
Right now i have the choice of a completely unsecure wireless network
or sitting with a wire between me and the router... arggg!

3com/toshiba have not even responded to my queried over the past few
weeks.

Ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

TW

Try going to the properties page for your card and uncheck the "enable
802.1x" box on the authentication page.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...