Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Test with old browsers...

Test with old browsers...

Onur Bozkurt

Does anybody know an easy and fast way how to test asp.net pages with old
browsers like IE 5.0
Is there a simulation software for browsers or a software to run win98 when
working with windows 2003.
I need it because rebooting the computer with win98 everytime is a boring
task.

Ravikanth[MVP]

Hi

FYI

On all MS Operating systems, Microsoft® Internet Explorer
5.01 or later are required.

Ravikanth[MVP]

Dai Hao

A general answer would be: use virtual PC or VMware so that you don't need
to reboot your machine to access two operating systems.

"Onur Bozkurt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anybody know an easy and fast way how to test asp.net pages with old
> browsers like IE 5.0
> Is there a simulation software for browsers or a software to run win98

when
> working with windows 2003.
> I need it because rebooting the computer with win98 everytime is a boring
> task.

James Zhuo

Dai Hao is right
Use vmware, it's pretty damn good
You'll also get virtual network interface so that your virtual machine can
connect through the virtual network adaptor to the current machine, you
might have to read a bit of doco to set it up. It might have got easier
these day, haven't used it for a while

Cheers

news:(E-Mail Removed)...