Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > installing 64bit SAS HA help

installing 64bit SAS HA help

Charlie Russel - MVP

Well, all of the files are also on the server, should a floppy decide to
self destruct. But so far, they're just fine.

--
Charlie.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gee - keeping'em there, isn't that a 'High Security Erasure Zone'?
>
> Personally, with the difficulty of preserving floppies over several years
> (or decades) in mind, I've come to put myself under a strict regime (the
> only kind of strictness I could ever muster) of formating those floppies
> and
> storing them along-side all the old system CD's, in one safe place, and
> re-creating them when they are needed.
>

> Tony. . .

Charlie Russel - MVP

How nice. I'm sure you really appreciated it.

--
Charlie.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Exactly correct, and why I keep the spares around. I don't bother keeping
>> any of them inserted into any of my machines, but if I ever need to
>> rebuild, they're there. The F6 floppy for each machine is taped to the
>> inside of the cover.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.

> Charlie, you remind me of a time my wife cleaned up my computer area years
> ago. It was back in the days of the PC clones and everything was on 5.25
> floppies. I came home from work and found that my wife had neatly
> organized the stack of discs on my computer table by carefully pinning
> each disc to the side of the metal file cabinet with refrigerator magnets.
> Row upon row where I could easily see each one.

Gary Walter

I remember a secretary in the "old floppy days"
whose work was constantly being corrupted.

Turned out that at the close of the work day
she would prop her work floppy up against
front of monitor so it would be conveniently
there the next morning...

so when she turned her computer on, the monitor
blasted the floppy with all the bad emissions they
put out in those days.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Exactly correct, and why I keep the spares around. I don't bother keeping
>> any of them inserted into any of my machines, but if I ever need to
>> rebuild, they're there. The F6 floppy for each machine is taped to the
>> inside of the cover.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.

> Charlie, you remind me of a time my wife cleaned up my computer area years
> ago. It was back in the days of the PC clones and everything was on 5.25
> floppies. I came home from work and found that my wife had neatly
> organized the stack of discs on my computer table by carefully pinning
> each disc to the side of the metal file cabinet with refrigerator magnets.
> Row upon row where I could easily see each one.

Jeff Gaines

On 23/07/2008 in message <(E-Mail Removed)> Gary
Walter wrote:

>so when she turned her computer on, the monitor
>blasted the floppy with all the bad emissions they
>put out in those days.

More likely it de-gaussed itself, most CRT monitors seemed to do this at
start up.

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
"Why is it that when we talk to God we're said to be praying,

Gary Walter

This was *way back* in DOS/Zenith 286, no-harddrive days
where one 5.25 floppy booted DOS and other held program(s)
and data...

I don't remember monitors being that sophisticated back then...

of course I could be wrong...

BTW thank you to all that help here.

I had need to run SQL Server 2005 64-bit (on XP 64bit)
and learned so much here prior to setting out on a very
successful endeavor.

SAS help spock Windows 64bit 12 11-06-2009 05:45 PM
[help]SAS with FPGAs westspeed@gmail.com VHDL 1 12-16-2007 06:28 PM
XP 64bit and Vista 64bit questions Charles Chambers Windows 64bit 2 02-20-2007 01:12 AM
Dual boot with Server 2003 64bit and XP 64bit =?Utf-8?B?emltbWVybWE=?= Windows 64bit 8 10-11-2006 03:56 PM
Help needed: Transition from SAS to PYTHON Alex Pavluck Python 1 08-26-2004 06:05 PM

Advertisments