Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > High Memory Usage

High Memory Usage

Carlos

Colin,
I use the NG web interface:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...2-32fc064ebe5e
instead of Winmail.
Maybe that explains it all.
Carlos

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Colin,
> > This is an interesting article:
> > http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/200...emory-better/1
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
> >
> >> "Robert McMillan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> I have come to the conlusion that 2GB is sufficient for Vista Home
> >> Premium
> >> x86 but for x64 3GB is more comfortable. With Ultimate x64 I agree with
> >> HP
> >> that 4GB gives best performance.
> >>

> Great article, Carlos.
>
> btw, I cannot see my own reply to Robert in my WinMail. If you hadn't
> quoted it I wouldn't have known what I told him. I have a lot of replies
> that just aren't showing up after I post them. Ever. What's up with that?
> I don't see them using Google groups to look either. How come you can see
> them and I can't? About one in ten of my replies are like that. Your reply
> was my only indication that my reply ever posted to the server.

Carlos

Tony,
My only connection with Internet at work is via web and access to NG's via
Outlook Express is somewhat firewalled or blocked.
So it is my only choice, web based access to the NG.
Otherwise you would not be able to enjoy my company all day long!

Carlos

"Tony Sperling" wrote:

> Colin, I have noticed this as well. I 've started to think it happens
> sometimes when you reply from NNTP to a Web based post that is about to
> expire.
>
> But I really don't know.
>
> I will never learn to understand how people actually prefer the Web for
> this, more and more 'old-time' forums are continuously converting, even as
> we communicate!
>
> Perhaps, though, it is not so strange as relatively few people seem to
> realize that Internet didn't start out being Web Based!
>
> (Gopher, Veronica and Archie, have they joined the Dinosaurs?)
>
> http://www.ou.edu/research/electron/...t/veronica.htm
>
> for those who happen to not know!
>

> Tony. . .
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Colin,
> > > This is an interesting article:
> > > http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/200...emory-better/1
> > > Carlos

> Vista

> 165,588K,

> with
> > >>

> > Great article, Carlos.
> >
> > btw, I cannot see my own reply to Robert in my WinMail. If you hadn't
> > quoted it I wouldn't have known what I told him. I have a lot of replies
> > that just aren't showing up after I post them. Ever. What's up with

> that?
> > I don't see them using Google groups to look either. How come you can see
> > them and I can't? About one in ten of my replies are like that. Your

> reply
> > was my only indication that my reply ever posted to the server.

Tony Sperling

Gasp! Horrible thought, Carlos!

No, honestly, I don't mind the web based interface, and I have used it
myself at times, it's quite handy for quickly reading up on the content but
it does put wrinkles to my rear-end that it is slowly eating away at the
slightly better interface that was created along with the NG's themselves.

The Novell Forums (very active, helpful and gentile, like ours) now are
exclusively running off the web so now a Newsreader is suddenly becoming a
disadvantage.

GRRR!

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony,
> My only connection with Internet at work is via web and access to NG's via
> Outlook Express is somewhat firewalled or blocked.
> So it is my only choice, web based access to the NG.
> Otherwise you would not be able to enjoy my company all day long!
>
> Carlos
>
> "Tony Sperling" wrote:
>
> > Colin, I have noticed this as well. I 've started to think it happens
> > sometimes when you reply from NNTP to a Web based post that is about to
> > expire.
> >
> > But I really don't know.
> >
> > I will never learn to understand how people actually prefer the Web for
> > this, more and more 'old-time' forums are continuously converting, even

as
> > we communicate!
> >
> > Perhaps, though, it is not so strange as relatively few people seem to
> > realize that Internet didn't start out being Web Based!
> >
> > (Gopher, Veronica and Archie, have they joined the Dinosaurs?)
> >
> > http://www.ou.edu/research/electron/...t/veronica.htm
> >
> > for those who happen to not know!
> >

> > Tony. . .
> >

> > "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

and

Overall it

> > Vista

significant

use

> > 165,588K,

> > with
> > > >>

> > > Great article, Carlos.
> > >
> > > btw, I cannot see my own reply to Robert in my WinMail. If you hadn't
> > > quoted it I wouldn't have known what I told him. I have a lot of

replies
> > > that just aren't showing up after I post them. Ever. What's up with

> > that?
> > > I don't see them using Google groups to look either. How come you can

see
> > > them and I can't? About one in ten of my replies are like that. Your

> > reply
> > > was my only indication that my reply ever posted to the server.

High memory usage Clayton Windows 64bit 2 07-12-2008 10:40 PM
High memory usage on PIX 501 Kris D ---- tehlotus@gmail.com Cisco 1 12-01-2006 02:05 AM
501 Memory Usage high ikendo Cisco 2 09-17-2006 09:52 PM
High Memory Usage aspnet_wp.exe =?Utf-8?B?RXJrYW4gVGF0bGlkaWw=?= ASP .Net 9 12-01-2005 08:49 PM
Memory leak??? (top reporting high memory usage under Solaris) Mark Probert Ruby 4 02-09-2005 06:13 PM

Advertisments