Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > [JPanel] Drop Down JPanel

[JPanel] Drop Down JPanel

Raphael Jolivet

Hello,

I would like a component like a JComboBox, but with something else
that menu items in it.
Can I put arbitrary contents in the popup box that opens when we click
on the JComboBox ?

Actually, what I want is a way to save some space in my application. I
have some advanced settings and actions that I would like to put in an
hidden JPanel, that would pop up on demand. I've heard about overlays,
but it seems complicated.

Do you know a free component that can do that, or have you a piece of
code up your sleeve ?

Thanks in advance,

Raphael

John B. Matthews

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
Raphael Jolivet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like a component like a JComboBox, but with something else
> that menu items in it.
> Can I put arbitrary contents in the popup box that opens when we click
> on the JComboBox ?
>
> Actually, what I want is a way to save some space in my application. I
> have some advanced settings and actions that I would like to put in an
> hidden JPanel, that would pop up on demand. I've heard about overlays,
> but it seems complicated.
>
> Do you know a free component that can do that, or have you a piece of
> code up your sleeve ?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Absent a better choice, would JTabbedPane be a practical alternative?

<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutor.../tabbedpane.ht
ml>

--
John B. Matthews