Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > ECS GF8200A Black Series GeForce 8200 Motherboard

ECS GF8200A Black Series GeForce 8200 Motherboard

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

Big Bruin have a review of the ECS GF8200A Black Series GeForce 8200 Motherboard, and wins an award for "good value":

Quote:
ECS recently launched a line of motherboards intended to appeal to enthusiasts on a budget. The first board from this "Black Series" line that we had a chance to look at was model number A780GM-A, an ATX board based on the AMD 780G chipset. While it performed well in testing, and did offer some interesting features, I felt it fell short of being classified as a true enthusiast grade product.

ECS has sent over another board from this series which I hope builds on some of the strong points found on the A780GM-A. The ECS GF8200A Black Series GeForce 8200 motherboard is shown in the promotional image below, and with just a quick glance it could easily be mistaken for its 780G counterpart. The black PCB features yellow, orange, and red connectors and the layout is rather similar. This review will take a closer look at the two boards in terms of function and performance, to see if they have more in common than just appearance.
Read the review here.