Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Instalation of Vista 64 after download

Instalation of Vista 64 after download

Jalar

I have just downloaded Vista 64 Premium Home Edition from the Microsoft
download service, having purchased it there. It comes in three sections:

* boot.wim
* install.wim
* Vista_HomePremium_SP1_64bit_English_Download_Part1 _661-01936.exe

I have two questions:

1) It is saved on my PC: can I install Vista 64 from here without creating a
disc as it is a huge file, altogether? (I am currently using Vista 32 Home
Premium)

2) If I can install direct from my PC, which of the three above files shall
I launch?

Many thanks!

Carlos

Jalar,
I can only guide you on how to burn a Vista DVD with those three files.

Read here:
http://www.besttechie.net/forums/Dow...vd-t13819.html

or here:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/0...nloaded-files/

Best of luck.
Carlos

"Jalar" wrote:

> I have just downloaded Vista 64 Premium Home Edition from the Microsoft
> download service, having purchased it there. It comes in three sections:
>
> * boot.wim
> * install.wim
> * Vista_HomePremium_SP1_64bit_English_Download_Part1 _661-01936.exe
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1) It is saved on my PC: can I install Vista 64 from here without creating a
> disc as it is a huge file, altogether? (I am currently using Vista 32 Home
> Premium)
>
> 2) If I can install direct from my PC, which of the three above files shall
> I launch?
>
> Many thanks!

Colin Barnhorst

"Jalar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have just downloaded Vista 64 Premium Home Edition from the Microsoft
> download service, having purchased it there. It comes in three sections:
>
> * boot.wim
> * install.wim
> * Vista_HomePremium_SP1_64bit_English_Download_Part1 _661-01936.exe
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1) It is saved on my PC: can I install Vista 64 from here without creating
> disc as it is a huge file, altogether? (I am currently using Vista 32 Home
> Premium)
>
> 2) If I can install direct from my PC, which of the three above files
> shall
> I launch?
>
> Many thanks!

What is the url you ordered from? I assume it is on Windows Marketplace.
What OS are you running now?

The instructions there require that all three files be in the same directory
so I assume a dvd would be fine. I suspect the dvd needs to be bootable
since you have to clean install x64. x64 Setup won't run in an x86 Windows.

Jalar

I am running off Vista 32 Home Premium (OEM version) Yes, this was from the
Microsoft site.

The problem now is:

On extracting the file for set-up, as per instructions, I receive the error
message:

Cannot extract Windows Vista Setup to your hard drive. Please ensure that
you can create files and folders in the same folder where VistaSetupPrep.exe
was downloaded.

I have a limited knowlodge of Windows and, to be frank, I'm at a complete
loss as to what to do next...