Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Computer won't connect to other networks

Computer won't connect to other networks

refus

"Zero Clue" wrote:

> When traveling, I'm having issues when trying to connect to other wireless
> networks. At home, everything is fine. When I click on "view available
> wireless networks" this is the message I get:
>
> "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection. If you have enabled
> another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software. If you
> want Windows to configure this wireless connection, start the wireless zero
> configuration service. For more information about starting the wzc service,
> see article 871122 in the microsoft knowledge base on the microsoft.com web
> site. "
>
> I have been to this site and I am completely confused at what I need to do
> in order to configure my computer to recognize wireless networks. Is this a
> simple fix?

DKN

"Zero Clue" wrote:

> When traveling, I'm having issues when trying to connect to other wireless
> networks. At home, everything is fine. When I click on "view available
> wireless networks" this is the message I get:
>
> "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection. If you have enabled
> another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software. If you
> want Windows to configure this wireless connection, start the wireless zero
> configuration service. For more information about starting the wzc service,
> see article 871122 in the microsoft knowledge base on the microsoft.com web
> site. "
>
> I have been to this site and I am completely confused at what I need to do
> in order to configure my computer to recognize wireless networks. Is this a
> simple fix?

BORRY65

"DKN" wrote:

> "Zero Clue" wrote:
>
> > When traveling, I'm having issues when trying to connect to other wireless
> > networks. At home, everything is fine. When I click on "view available
> > wireless networks" this is the message I get:
> >
> > "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection. If you have enabled
> > another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software. If you
> > want Windows to configure this wireless connection, start the wireless zero
> > configuration service. For more information about starting the wzc service,
> > see article 871122 in the microsoft knowledge base on the microsoft.com web
> > site. "
> >
> > I have been to this site and I am completely confused at what I need to do
> > in order to configure my computer to recognize wireless networks. Is this a
> > simple fix?

tammy

I tryed this and it just said no wireless network in range.

"steven" wrote:

> try to use wireless zero configuration instead
>
> go to "run".
> type "services.msc"
> find wireless zero configuration
> change the startup type to automatic.
> click start.
> click ok and restart.
> use wireless zero configuration for ease of mind.
> =)
>
> *this configuration applies to windows xp sp 2 n above, to identify go to
> system information.

oljkhgkkfjilkjfhtghjjfjnnfnjngdfauihijgi

thats not really helpful 4 me

"Zero Clue" wrote:

> When traveling, I'm having issues when trying to connect to other wireless
> networks. At home, everything is fine. When I click on "view available
> wireless networks" this is the message I get:
>
> "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection. If you have enabled
> another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software. If you
> want Windows to configure this wireless connection, start the wireless zero
> configuration service. For more information about starting the wzc service,
> see article 871122 in the microsoft knowledge base on the microsoft.com web
> site. "
>
> I have been to this site and I am completely confused at what I need to do
> in order to configure my computer to recognize wireless networks. Is this a
> simple fix?

PeteR

"John Wunderlich" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?WmVybyBDbHVl?= <Zero http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> in news(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > When traveling, I'm having issues when trying to connect to other
> > wireless networks. At home, everything is fine. When I click on
> > "view available wireless networks" this is the message I get:
> >
> > "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection. If you have
> > enabled another program to manage this wireless connection, use
> > that software. If you want Windows to configure this wireless
> > connection, start the wireless zero configuration service. For
> > more information about starting the wzc service, see article
> > 871122 in the microsoft knowledge base on the microsoft.com web
> > site. "
> >

> Believe it or else, in most cases this is perfectly normal. Windows
> comes with a "Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC)" utility to manage
> the wireless connection. In many cases, the manufacturer of your
> wireless card/chipset has provided their own utility to replace the
> WZC utility -- this allows them to add functionality to control their
> version of the wireless chipset. When this is the case, you get the
> above error message when attempting to access WZC functions. What
> you need to do is look in your tray (next to the clock) and locate an
> icon belonging to the manufacturer's utility (HP, Broadcomm, Intel,
> Linksys, etc each have their own) and double click on that icon to
> launch the utility that manages your wireless connection.
>
> If you're still stuck, find out the manufacturer of your wireless
> card/chipset and visit their website for the latest version of their
> driver and control program.
>
> HTH,
> John

PeteR

Thank you.

An explanation in words I can understand instad of "computerese"

"John Wunderlich" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?WmVybyBDbHVl?= <Zero (E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> in news(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > When traveling, I'm having issues when trying to connect to other
> > wireless networks. At home, everything is fine. When I click on
> > "view available wireless networks" this is the message I get:
> >
> > "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection. If you have
> > enabled another program to manage this wireless connection, use
> > that software. If you want Windows to configure this wireless
> > connection, start the wireless zero configuration service. For
> > more information about starting the wzc service, see article
> > 871122 in the microsoft knowledge base on the microsoft.com web
> > site. "
> >

> Believe it or else, in most cases this is perfectly normal. Windows
> comes with a "Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC)" utility to manage
> the wireless connection. In many cases, the manufacturer of your
> wireless card/chipset has provided their own utility to replace the
> WZC utility -- this allows them to add functionality to control their
> version of the wireless chipset. When this is the case, you get the
> above error message when attempting to access WZC functions. What
> you need to do is look in your tray (next to the clock) and locate an
> icon belonging to the manufacturer's utility (HP, Broadcomm, Intel,
> Linksys, etc each have their own) and double click on that icon to
> launch the utility that manages your wireless connection.
>
> If you're still stuck, find out the manufacturer of your wireless
> card/chipset and visit their website for the latest version of their
> driver and control program.
>
> HTH,
> John

John Wunderlich

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZVI=?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Thank you.
>
> An explanation in words I can understand instad of "computerese"

You're welcome. We try.

One of the challenges of responding to posts is to assess the level of
the poster and reply appropriately. I have a simple mind, so it comes
naturally.

-- John

GORSA

At last! Thanks a lot.

"John Wunderlich" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?WmVybyBDbHVl?= <Zero (E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> in news(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > When traveling, I'm having issues when trying to connect to other
> > wireless networks. At home, everything is fine. When I click on
> > "view available wireless networks" this is the message I get:
> >
> > "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection. If you have
> > enabled another program to manage this wireless connection, use
> > that software. If you want Windows to configure this wireless
> > connection, start the wireless zero configuration service. For
> > more information about starting the wzc service, see article
> > 871122 in the microsoft knowledge base on the microsoft.com web
> > site. "
> >

> Believe it or else, in most cases this is perfectly normal. Windows
> comes with a "Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC)" utility to manage
> the wireless connection. In many cases, the manufacturer of your
> wireless card/chipset has provided their own utility to replace the
> WZC utility -- this allows them to add functionality to control their
> version of the wireless chipset. When this is the case, you get the
> above error message when attempting to access WZC functions. What
> you need to do is look in your tray (next to the clock) and locate an
> icon belonging to the manufacturer's utility (HP, Broadcomm, Intel,
> Linksys, etc each have their own) and double click on that icon to
> launch the utility that manages your wireless connection.
>
> If you're still stuck, find out the manufacturer of your wireless
> card/chipset and visit their website for the latest version of their
> driver and control program.
>
> HTH,
> John

gms18

"steven" wrote:

> try to use wireless zero configuration instead
>
> go to "run".
> type "services.msc"
> find wireless zero configuration
> change the startup type to automatic.
> click start.
> click ok and restart.
> use wireless zero configuration for ease of mind.
> =)
>
> *this configuration applies to windows xp sp 2 n above, to identify go to
> system information.

This worked perfectly for me on my daughter's laptop. thanks for the help