Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco Catalyst 6000 - rate limiting.

Cisco Catalyst 6000 - rate limiting.

Jarek Jarzebowski

Hi all,

I am looking for best practise of rate-limiting customers on catalyst
6000. Now use mls qos to rate limiting customers but it is a bit
complicated if you have more and more customers.

Is there possibilty to rate limit traffic on cat 6000 based on
interface (for example VLAN interfaces)?

Regards,
Jarek

omidhdn omidhdn is offline
Junior Member

better to use traffic shaping with policy-map and class-map in order to police the traffic.
it is very simple.

cdw5510 cdw5510 is offline
Junior Member

Policy-map and class-map are the best way to go with traffic shaping.

Bartosz Gagat

Try to catch traffic by access-list and use class-based queing. Work also on
switches 2950- so i think that this should work on 6000.
Bartosz Gagat
news:(E-Mail Removed)...