Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: access HTTP request parameters?

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: access HTTP request parameters?

 
 
Jean-Baptiste Nizet
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-15-2008
On 15 juil, 00:42, Stefan Palme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
> One of the application's HTML pages contains an <applet>-Tag causing
> the users browser to load an applet. The applet lives in the same
> codebase as the web application, i.e. something like this:
>
> <applet code="my.package.Main" archive="applet.jar">
> ... (some applet params)
> </applet>
>


If this HTML page is dynamically generated, you can retrieve the
cookie information when generating the HTML page, and pass it to the
applet as an additional applet parameter.

JB.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Stefan Palme
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-16-2008
Hi,

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 00:43:59 -0700, Jean-Baptiste Nizet wrote:
> If this HTML page is dynamically generated, you can retrieve the cookie
> information when generating the HTML page, and pass it to the applet as
> an additional applet parameter.


This is the current workaround - but I was looking for a more
"natural" way to access the cookies.

Thanks to Arne for the hint regarding JSObject. Will take a look at this,
but I guess this will not be an option because of the dependency to a
third party package...

Best regards
-stefan-
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Arne Vajhøj
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2008
Stefan Palme wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 00:43:59 -0700, Jean-Baptiste Nizet wrote:
>> If this HTML page is dynamically generated, you can retrieve the cookie
>> information when generating the HTML page, and pass it to the applet as
>> an additional applet parameter.

>
> This is the current workaround - but I was looking for a more
> "natural" way to access the cookies.
>
> Thanks to Arne for the hint regarding JSObject. Will take a look at this,
> but I guess this will not be an option because of the dependency to a
> third party package...


What third party package ?

The package netscape.javascript.* exist in the browsers
Java !

Arne
 
Reply With Quote
 
Andrew Thompson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2008
On Jul 19, 1:36*pm, Arne Vajhj <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Stefan Palme wrote:
> > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 00:43:59 -0700, Jean-Baptiste Nizet wrote:

...
> > Thanks to Arne for the hint regarding JSObject. Will take a look at this,
> > but I guess this will not be an option because of the dependency to a
> > third party package...

>
> What third party package ?
>
> The package netscape.javascript.* exist in the browsers
> Java !


True. The only tricky bit is getting the code to
compile, as mentioned (various places) on Real's
how-to.

The information on the jar to add to the compilation
classpath seems out of date for 1.6 though. I had to
reference the plugin.jar in the lib/ to get examples
to compile against 1.6.

I just dropped a note to Real, asking them to update
the pages.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://pscode.org/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Abort an HTTP request before the request timed out Gelonida N Python 0 02-27-2012 02:22 AM
urllib2.Request:: http Request sending successfully, but Responsecontains in valid data. nRk Python 1 02-12-2009 12:53 AM
Why getInputStream in a http servlet request isn't getting the datasent by browser HTTP POST action? James Java 3 11-25-2005 11:17 PM
How to enter to .aspx page by http connection using http POST request farazkazmi@gmail.com Java 6 08-29-2005 02:58 PM
Re: Accessing Request.InputStream / Request.BinaryRead *as the request is occuring*: How??? Brian Birtle ASP .Net 2 10-16-2003 02:11 PM



Advertisments