Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Amazon: "Effective Java, Second Edition" (May 2008)

Amazon: "Effective Java, Second Edition" (May 2008)

Ted

http://easyurl.net/EffectiveJava

Mark Space

Ted wrote:
> http://easyurl.net/EffectiveJava

Woot! Spam that I like.

Evans

On Jul 14, 5:21*am, Mark Space <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ted wrote:
> >http://fake.easyurlmot/EffectidveJava

> Woot! Spam that I like. *

Please Mark, follow Lew's example and do not quote the same url again
- don't help the spammer.

--
Evans
http://www.javawug.org

Andrew Thompson

On Jul 14, 7:03*pm, Evans <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Ted wrote:
> > >http://fake.easyurlmot/EffectidveJava

Nice munging! Since it only takes a single altered
letter to kill URLs, I would have gone with..
<http://easyurl.not/EffectiveJava>

( And yes - I've thought *way* too much about this..

--
Andrew T.

Arne Vajh°j

Sherman Pendley wrote:
> Don't worry, there's no "tag=" in the URL. It appears that the spammer
> was too stupid to include a referral code in the link. He isn't going
> to make a dime.

Can he still get via the referrer tag ?

(I can not remember the conclusion when we had the discussion with
Paul D)

Arne

Dave Miller

Arne Vajh°j wrote:
> Sherman Pendley wrote:
>> Don't worry, there's no "tag=" in the URL. It appears that the spammer
>> was too stupid to include a referral code in the link. He isn't going
>> to make a dime.

> Can he still get via the referrer tag ?
>
> (I can not remember the conclusion when we had the discussion with
> Paul D)
>
> Arne

Easynet is a URL redirect service which he's set to add his Amazon
account information.

--
Dave Miller
Java Web Hosting at:

Mark Space

Peter Duniho wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 21:21:42 -0700, Mark Space
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Ted wrote:
>>> http://.../EffectiveJava
>>>

>> Woot! Spam that I like.

> Well, except that undoubtedly the original URL redirects through some
> sort of link/click counter, granting the poster some financial reward
> for posting their spam here.

Well, his easynet link resolves to this, which has no referrer parameter:

http://www.amazon.com/Effective-Java.../dp/0321356683

But I see your point, it could have. The link from Sun's site seems
much safer, I'll use that. Thanks for the tip.

Evans

> In all this time we still haven't heard back from "Ted". *That in itself is
> telling. *Wouldn't an honest person have chimed in by now?
>
> --
> Lew

Ahh, don't bother anymore, 'Ted' is already banned from the newsgroup.
Click on his profile.

--
Evans
http://www.javawug.org

Lothar Kimmeringer

Evans wrote:

> Ahh, don't bother anymore, 'Ted' is already banned from the newsgroup.
> Click on his profile.

You're using Google Groups that gives you this false feeling.
Newsgroups != Google Groups, you're just using a news2web-
gateway that works like the rest of the news2web-gateways:
It doesn't

Regards, Lothar
--
Lothar Kimmeringer E-Mail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

questions!

Arne Vajh°j

Sherman Pendley wrote:
> Arne Vajh°j <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> Sherman Pendley wrote:
>>> Don't worry, there's no "tag=" in the URL. It appears that the spammer
>>> was too stupid to include a referral code in the link. He isn't going
>>> to make a dime.

>> Can he still get via the referrer tag ?

> Do you mean the Referrer HTTP header? I *highly* doubt that Amazon
> would pay for that, since it's trivial to fake.

I would consider it less work to change something in the URL
than to change referrer.

Arne