Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How do I set a secure wireless network?

How do I set a secure wireless network?

=?Utf-8?B?Y29mZmVlYmVhbjAwMg==?=

I do not want anyone to connect to my wireless network w/o having to use a
password. I don't want ppl to be able to see my information that I have on my
computer. How do I set my wireless system up so that anyone trying to connect
HAS to use a password to connect?

Jack

Hi

Entry Level Wireless Network does not work with passwords. Its work with
Encryption (and few other measures) Only people who have your Encryption
keys (like password) can connect.

More about security of Wireless here.

WEP, WPA, and the Future - http://www.ezlan.net/wpa_wep.html

Network Segregation - http://www.ezlan.net/shield.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"coffeebean002" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I do not want anyone to connect to my wireless network w/o having to use a
> password. I don't want ppl to be able to see my information that I have on

my
> computer. How do I set my wireless system up so that anyone trying to

connect
> HAS to use a password to connect?

Barb Bowman [MVP-Windows]

How to Secure Your Wireless Home Network with Windows XP

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ebruary10.mspx

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist