Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > XP crashed after attempting to install a digital camera

XP crashed after attempting to install a digital camera

jcwinters

Was instructed to restart the system. I restarted the system and a blue
screen with an error message flashed for a second and the system moved the
DOS screen (for 30 seconds) that normally allows the user to move into Safe
Mode, Last Good configuration, etc. Was not allowed to move the cursor with
arrows and then it continuously moves to attempt to normal start-up and then
returns to the same process, over and over.

Please help

John in Guthrie, OK

Allan

"jcwinters" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Was instructed to restart the system. I restarted the system and a blue
> screen with an error message flashed for a second and the system moved the
> DOS screen (for 30 seconds) that normally allows the user to move into
> Safe
> Mode, Last Good configuration, etc. Was not allowed to move the cursor
> with
> arrows and then it continuously moves to attempt to normal start-up and
> then
> returns to the same process, over and over.

John,
Is this Windows XP x64 Pro or 32-bit? Some people just use Adobe
Photoshop to download the photos rather than proprietary software from the
camera manufacturer (which you forgot to specify anyway). If this is not x64
Windows please post in another NG.

--
Allan