Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > High memory usage

High memory usage

Clayton

Hi, I am getting very high memory usage from a svchost.exe at 139,052k
I'm not sure how to find out what program it is, running Vista 64 SP-1

Bill Patten

Hi Clayton,

I have used a program called Whats Running to find this kind of problem. I
had a problem with Readyboost, using lots of resources, turned it off in the
Svc Menu and no more problems. It seems to be ok now after several updates
including SP1. But I found it with WhatsRunning.

www.whatsrunning.net Free for non commercial use.

HTH

Bill

"Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi, I am getting very high memory usage from a svchost.exe at 139,052k
I'm not sure how to find out what program it is, running Vista 64 SP-1

mikeyhsd

there is a program available via System Internals from MS that will tell you what it is.

might be as sysinternals.

"Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi, I am getting very high memory usage from a svchost.exe at 139,052k
I'm not sure how to find out what program it is, running Vista 64 SP-1

High Memory Usage Clayton Windows 64bit 12 07-21-2008 07:40 PM
High memory usage on PIX 501 Kris D ---- tehlotus@gmail.com Cisco 1 12-01-2006 02:05 AM
501 Memory Usage high ikendo Cisco 2 09-17-2006 09:52 PM
High Memory Usage aspnet_wp.exe =?Utf-8?B?RXJrYW4gVGF0bGlkaWw=?= ASP .Net 9 12-01-2005 08:49 PM
Memory leak??? (top reporting high memory usage under Solaris) Mark Probert Ruby 4 02-09-2005 06:13 PM

Advertisments