Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless switch

Wireless switch

David Gondek

Can anyone recommend a low cost wireless switch?

Is there a way to turn a wireless router into a switch so it just passes
through IP addresses from a server instead of assigning its own?

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!

David

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Yeah it is possible here is the principle.
Wireless Router as a Switch with an Access Point -
http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"David Gondek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone recommend a low cost wireless switch?
>
> Is there a way to turn a wireless router into a switch so it just passes
> through IP addresses from a server instead of assigning its own?
>
> Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!
>
> David

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Most wireless router can be wireless switch too. This how to may help.

How to setup Wireless router as a switch
http://www.wifimvp.com/howto/setupwirelessasrouter.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"David Gondek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone recommend a low cost wireless switch?
>
> Is there a way to turn a wireless router into a switch so it just passes
> through IP addresses from a server instead of assigning its own?
>
> Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!
>
> David

David Gondek

Thanks Jack. This seems like what I need to do. I will try it next week.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Yeah it is possible here is the principle.
> Wireless Router as a Switch with an Access Point -
> http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "David Gondek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can anyone recommend a low cost wireless switch?
>>
>> Is there a way to turn a wireless router into a switch so it just passes
>> through IP addresses from a server instead of assigning its own?
>>
>> Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!
>>
>> David

David Gondek

Bob,

Can you connect more than one computer wirelessly using this method? Will
each computer receive a different IP from the server or from the router?

Thanks.

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Most wireless router can be wireless switch too. This how to may help.
>
> How to setup Wireless router as a switch
> http://www.wifimvp.com/howto/setupwirelessasrouter.htm
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "David Gondek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can anyone recommend a low cost wireless switch?
>>
>> Is there a way to turn a wireless router into a switch so it just passes
>> through IP addresses from a server instead of assigning its own?
>>
>> Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!
>>
>> David

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Sure.