Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Iran fakes missiles with digital manipulation

Re: Iran fakes missiles with digital manipulation

Chris H

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Alan Browne
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/200...image-a-missil
>e-too-many/index.html?hp
>
>Per the article, the image was removed from the Iranian press site later
> in the day (per Agence France Presse).

Though it is interesting that on the UK news there were no photos...
just the video clips of the launches.....

So if the photos are fakes but taken from the minute or so video of the
launch how did they fake the video?

Chris H

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Alan Browne
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Chris H wrote:
>> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Alan
>>Browne <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>>
>>> http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/200...image-a-missil
>>> e-too-many/index.html?hp
>>>
>>> Per the article, the image was removed from the Iranian press site later
>>> in the day (per Agence France Presse).

>> Though it is interesting that on the UK news there were no photos...
>>just the video clips of the launches.....
>> So if the photos are fakes but taken from the minute or so video of
>>the launch how did they fake the video?

>What exactly did you see in the video.

Multiple rockets being launched

> Memory that good?

Yes for that sort of thing.

> Did you record it?

No.

>Got a link to it?

Not on web but looking for one.

Dave Cohen

John McWilliams wrote:
> Deep Reset wrote:
>>
>> "John McWilliams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> My cash is down: No link will be posted showing four missiles firing
>>> simultaneously from the same location.

>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7496858.stm
>>
>> Looks to me like the right-most one stays on the ground, at 0:08 to 0:10

> Excellent source! I wonder if the schmo who did the PSing lost his head?

I saw another single shot indicating the last from right stayed on the
ground. You could infer same from that video but who cares. My guess is
they simply didn't want to admit failure (ie one out 4 didn't fire). I
don't know why this would bother them, everyone has similar mishaps,
nothing to be ashamed of. More interesting is what these things are good
for. With a conventional load it's a terror threat. I was in London
(Brixton) when we were subjected to V2's. Scary but hardly a way to
bring a country to it's knees.
I've heard it suggested and find it fairly convincing that this show of
force has less to do with impressing their supposed enemies but rather
is part of a power struggle between moderates and hardliners in Iran,
the latter wanting to maintain tensions for political gain.
Dave Cohen

Poldie

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid wrote:
> Dave Cohen wrote:
>
>> I saw another single shot indicating the last from right stayed on the
>> ground. You could infer same from that video but who cares. My guess is
>> they simply didn't want to admit failure (ie one out 4 didn't fire). I
>> don't know why this would bother them, everyone has similar mishaps,
>> nothing to be ashamed of. More interesting is what these things are good
>> for. With a conventional load it's a terror threat. I was in London
>> (Brixton) when we were subjected to V2's. Scary but hardly a way to
>> bring a country to it's knees.
>> I've heard it suggested and find it fairly convincing that this show of
>> force has less to do with impressing their supposed enemies but rather
>> is part of a power struggle between moderates and hardliners in Iran,
>> the latter wanting to maintain tensions for political gain.

> The latter is possible.
>
> However, what it really is for is this:
>
> "We have these missiles that can reach Israel. We have all these
> gas centrifuges that are to be used only for peaceful purposes.
> The world will have peace only when Israel is wiped off the face of the earth."
>
> To the Islamic world, that says that Iran is the "real thing". Pakistan,
> of course, is not the real thing since they have had the missiles and atomic
> bombs for years and have not used them.

It might be better for everyone if Iran just uses photoshop to remove
Israel from the world, or at least a map of the world.

Cynicor

(E-Mail Removed)lid wrote:
> Dave Cohen wrote:
>

>> I saw another single shot indicating the last from right stayed on the
>> ground. You could infer same from that video but who cares. My guess
>> is they simply didn't want to admit failure (ie one out 4 didn't
>> fire). I don't know why this would bother them, everyone has similar
>> mishaps, nothing to be ashamed of. More interesting is what these
>> things are good for. With a conventional load it's a terror threat. I
>> was in London (Brixton) when we were subjected to V2's. Scary but
>> hardly a way to bring a country to it's knees.
>> I've heard it suggested and find it fairly convincing that this show
>> of force has less to do with impressing their supposed enemies but
>> rather is part of a power struggle between moderates and hardliners in
>> Iran, the latter wanting to maintain tensions for political gain.

> The latter is possible.
>
> However, what it really is for is this:
>
> "We have these missiles that can reach Israel. We have all these
> gas centrifuges that are to be used only for peaceful purposes.
> The world will have peace only when Israel is wiped off the face of the
> earth."
>
> To the Islamic world, that says that Iran is the "real thing". Pakistan,
> of course, is not the real thing since they have had the missiles and
> atomic
> bombs for years and have not used them.

Yeah, well, you know what's not going to happen in our lifetimes? Iran
sending a nuke at israel.

Chris H

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Alan Browne
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Deep Reset wrote:
>> "John McWilliams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) m...

>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7496858.stm

>So, Chris H, how many now?

Fair enough 3 as a set
The other one was a different rocket.

3 out of 4 went and then a shot of a single rocket. 4 in all but... no
telling when or where the 4th one was fired.

Chris H

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, John
McWilliams <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Chris H wrote:
>> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Alan
>>Browne <(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>>> What exactly did you see in the video.

>> Multiple rockets being launched
>>
>>> Memory that good?

>> Yes for that sort of thing.
>>
>>> Did you record it?

>> No.
>>
>>> Got a link to it?

>> Not on web but looking for one.

>My cash is down: No link will be posted showing four missiles firing
>simultaneously from the same location.

Have to agree with you it was 3+1 not 4 in one time/place

Chris H

In message <4877f4e8$0$4999$(E-Mail Removed)>, Cynicor
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Dave Cohen wrote:
>>

>>> I saw another single shot indicating the last from right stayed on
>>>the ground. You could infer same from that video but who cares. My
>>>guess is they simply didn't want to admit failure (ie one out 4
>>>didn't fire). I don't know why this would bother them, everyone has
>>>similar mishaps, nothing to be ashamed of. More interesting is what
>>>these things are good for. With a conventional load it's a terror
>>>threat. I was in London (Brixton) when we were subjected to V2's.
>>>Scary but hardly a way to bring a country to it's knees.
>>> I've heard it suggested and find it fairly convincing that this show
>>>of force has less to do with impressing their supposed enemies but
>>>rather is part of a power struggle between moderates and hardliners
>>>in Iran, the latter wanting to maintain tensions for political gain.

>> The latter is possible.
>> However, what it really is for is this:
>> "We have these missiles that can reach Israel. We have all these
>> gas centrifuges that are to be used only for peaceful purposes.
>> The world will have peace only when Israel is wiped off the face of
>>the earth."
>> To the Islamic world, that says that Iran is the "real thing".
>>Pakistan,
>> of course, is not the real thing since they have had the missiles and
>>atomic
>> bombs for years and have not used them.

>Yeah, well, you know what's not going to happen in our lifetimes?

You mean you will be dead by the end of the year?

> Iran sending a nuke at israel.

Well if Isreal and the US keep threatening Iran, the US keeps using
dirty tries and insurgence in Iran and Israel keeps blowing up things
in Iran it has every justification for retaliation

Cynicor

Chris H wrote:
> In message <4877f4e8$0$4999$(E-Mail Removed)>, Cynicor
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>> (E-Mail Removed)lid wrote:

>>> The latter is possible.
>>> However, what it really is for is this:
>>> "We have these missiles that can reach Israel. We have all these
>>> gas centrifuges that are to be used only for peaceful purposes.
>>> The world will have peace only when Israel is wiped off the face of
>>> the earth."
>>> To the Islamic world, that says that Iran is the "real thing".
>>> Pakistan,
>>> of course, is not the real thing since they have had the missiles and
>>> atomic
>>> bombs for years and have not used them.

>> Yeah, well, you know what's not going to happen in our lifetimes?

> You mean you will be dead by the end of the year?
>
>> Iran sending a nuke at israel.

> Well if Isreal and the US keep threatening Iran, the US keeps using
> dirty tries and insurgence in Iran and Israel keeps blowing up things
> in Iran it has every justification for retaliation

No, only the United States has the right to do whatever the hell we want
anywhere. Just because we started a major war in a neighboring country
doesn't give Iran any right to show any concern, especially because
we've already told them that they're next. As our president points out,
Iran is run by an out-of-control religious psychotic. Unlike us!

Chris H

In message <4878a87c$0$7349$(E-Mail Removed)>, Cynicor
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Chris H wrote:
>> In message <4877f4e8$0$4999$(E-Mail Removed)>, Cynicor
>><(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>>> Yeah, well, you know what's not going to happen in our lifetimes?

>> You mean you will be dead by the end of the year?
>>
>>> Iran sending a nuke at israel.

>> Well if Isreal and the US keep threatening Iran, the US keeps using
>>dirty tries and insurgence in Iran and Israel keeps blowing up things
>>Iran it has every justification for retaliation

>No, only the United States has the right to do whatever the hell we
>want anywhere. Just because we started a major war in a neighboring
>country doesn't give Iran any right to show any concern, especially
>because we've already told them that they're next. As our president
>points out, Iran is run by an out-of-control religious psychotic.
>Unlike us!

I feel reassured already.... I think GWB should have another term in
power to finish the job/planet