Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > image controls shows image local directory only

image controls shows image local directory only

inungh

I have a image control on the design form.

I set image url. The image control only show image when I put the
image in the same directory.

Are there any place I can check?

Your help is great appreciated,

inungh

On Jul 10, 6:34*pm, inungh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a image control on the design form.
>
> I set image url. The image control only show image when I put the
> image in the same directory.
>
> Are there any place I can check?
>
> Your help is great appreciated,

Here is my url code

ImageUrl="~/App_Data/Image/notepad.gif"

It shows at design time and when I move to local folder.

It does not show in the directory at run time.

Your help is great appreciated,

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> Here is my url code
!> ImageUrl="~/App_Data/Image/notepad.gif"

Anything under App_Data can't be requested by any browser.

Try creating a directory /Image under your application root and place your image files in it.

Then, you can reference any image this way :

ImageUrl="~/Image/notepad.gif"

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
"inungh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Jul 10, 6:34 pm, inungh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a image control on the design form.
>
> I set image url. The image control only show image when I put the
> image in the same directory.
>
> Are there any place I can check?
>
> Your help is great appreciated,

Here is my url code

ImageUrl="~/App_Data/Image/notepad.gif"

It shows at design time and when I move to local folder.

It does not show in the directory at run time.

Your help is great appreciated,

inungh

On Jul 10, 10:44*pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> re:
> !> Here is my url code
> !> ImageUrl="~/App_Data/Image/notepad.gif"
>
> Anything under App_Data can't be requested by any browser.
>
> Try creating a directory /Image under your application root and place your image files in it.
>
> Then, you can reference any image this way :
>
> ImageUrl="~/Image/notepad.gif"
>
> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq :http://asp.net.do/faq/
> foros de asp.net, en espaņol :http://asp.net.do/foros/
> ======================================"inungh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in messagenews:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> On Jul 10, 6:34 pm, inungh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I have a image control on the design form.

> > I set image url. The image control only show image when I put the
> > image in the same directory.

> > Are there any place I can check?

> > Your help is great appreciated,

> Here is my url code
>
> ImageUrl="~/App_Data/Image/notepad.gif"
>
> It shows at design time and when I move to local folder.
>
> It does not show in the directory at run time.
>
> Your help is great appreciated,

Thanks millions,