Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: PIL: Transparent PNGs and im.paste: ValueError: bad transparencymask

Re: PIL: Transparent PNGs and im.paste: ValueError: bad transparencymask

Durand

I posted this too soon. Converting the images to png with image magick's convert did the trick...However, I'm still not sure why I need to convert the images in the first place. Are there different types of PNGs?

Ken Starks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portabl...rency_of_image