Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Nortel PBX - Cisco phone

Nortel PBX - Cisco phone

nedtrilby@googlemail.com

Is it possible to use Cisco IP phones (7941G) on a Nortel PBX. We have
Nortel 1120 phones working away but I also have Cisco phones available
to me. Is it easy, difficult, not possible.Thanks, Ned

telecomchinasourcing.com

Nortel use Unistim protocol while cisco use sccp. I don't think they
can work together on sip.

Hongtian

On Jul 10, 4:02*pm, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is it possible to use Cisco IP phones (7941G) on a Nortel PBX. We have
> Nortel 1120 phones working away but I also have Cisco phones available
> to me. Is it easy, difficult, not possible.Thanks, Ned

1120 can support SIP protocol. 7941G support SCCP default. If you want
to connect 7941G to your PBX, you have to refresh 7941G firmware to
support SIP.

Good luck.